PURGE YOUR CLOTHING: Go through your closets, drawers and storage areas and decide what clothing is no longer wanted or needed Research establishments in your community that will take your clothing on a consignment basis.
- Thrift stores,
- Yard sales
ENTERTAIN AT HOME: Forgive me if I've mentioned this
one already in previous blog posts, but it is so worth repeating.
Stay at home and entertain yourself. Instead of going out to a
movie and buying popcorn, stay home and watch Netflix or On
Demand and make your own snacks. You can save a lot and it
will likely be much healthier for you too.
- Take inventory of what food you have in your house
- Prepare a meal plan around what food inventory you have
- Prepare a grocery list around your meal plan and food inventory
- Research coupons for items on your grocery list
- Research cash back apps for items on your grocery list
- Use your loyalty points together with the above and SAVE SAVE SAVE!
RE-THINK GIFT GIVING: First of all, set a budget for gift giving throughout the year. Focus on giving something from the heart - they can be something simple, something practical and something handmade.